Tuesday, May 22, 2007

NOLA JAZZ FEST...Sunday




MARVA WRIGHT in the Blues Tent. I got a text message from my friend Elizabeth informing me that Marva was rockin and that I should get to the Blues Tent ASAP. I tore myself away from Dottie Peoples and headed over to hear some sweet New Orleans blues singing from the "Queen of New Orleans", as Marva was introduced. She had most of the Wild Magnolias band playing as her back up band. June Yamagishi on guitar (in the green hat behind Marva), Jon Gros AND the female organist from the Wild Mags on keys, as well their rippin bass player. In my opinion you could NEVER go wrong with June on guitar!! She WAS totally rocking, and I found myself with goose bumps yet again. Big Chief Bo Dollis came out and sang one song with Marva. He is in poor health and struggled to perform, but it is great to see his heart and dedication. Those are the backs of Bobby and Elizabeth with Bo Dollis, who is a friend of theirs, on stage in the background.

No comments: