Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Orleans 2007.. Cafe du Monde




After seeing Astral Project at Snug Harbor, I was in need of some coffee to get me through the rest of the nights activitites. Astral Project are phenomenal jazz musicians... they always leave me feeling as if I am in a trance. So coffee and sugar were a necessity, if I was going to make it to the Rock and Bowl to see Big Chief Monk Boudreoux and Eric Lindell. I had never been to Cafe du Monde... but now I see what all the fuss is about... it's about the 3 inches of powdered sugar they pile on top of your fresh, hot beignets!! It's also about the unique chicory root/ coffee blend they serve here! The perfect midnight snack! After this, I was ready to make my way out to midtown to the Rock and Bowl and get my groove on for some late night Monk!!

No comments: