Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New Orleans 2007.. Full Moon over Frenchmen Street


Frenchmen Street is a popular hang out zone during Jazz Fest. There are about a dozen bars along this 4 block stretch, that all cater to live music fans during the Fest. There is literally music all night long til the break of dawn! Tonight I was down here to see Astral Project at Snug Harbor, and to catch a little of a musician I had just heard of this year... David Batiste and the Gladiators... old school funk, popular in the early 70's... they were a good. solid funk band and I only caught a few songs, but they were standard funk covers, played very well, none the less. Frenchmen Street is within a block of the French Quarter, so it is well within walking distance to go between the 2 zones. After the Gladiators, I made my way over to Cafe du Monde for some refreshening!

No comments: