Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Best of Time and Space...

I know I have the best of time and space, and was never
measured and will never be measured

I tramp a perpetual journey, (come listen all!)
My signs are a rain-proof coat, good shoes, and a staff cut
from the woods
No friend of mine takes his ease in my chair
I have no chair, no church, no philosophy
I lead no man to a dinner table, library, exchange
But each man and each woman of you I lead upon a knoll
My left hand hooking you round the waist
My right hand ponting to landscapes of continents and the
public road.

Not I, not anyone else can travel that road for you,
You must travel it for yourself.

It is not far, it is within reach
Perhaps you have been on it since you were born and did not
know,
Perhaps it is everywhere, on water and on land.
~ Walt Whitman~

No comments: