Monday, January 12, 2015

Bangkok-The day I got my Myanmar Visa...

... was a long day. I awoke well before sunrise, at least partly because I was too excited to sleep any longer. And partly because pre-sunrise is one of the very most beautiful times of the day in SE Asia. Life is at it's most still, humidity and heat at a minimum, and the colors... each morning a masterpiece! But, today, mostly I woke that early to make sure that I found my way to the Embassy, to line up before the crowds arrived. They offer a limited amount of visas per day, and it is first come first served. I was told that though the office doesn't open until 9, people start lining up at 6, at first light. And I wanted to be there then! I was among the first 15 people, in a line that eventually ran down the entire street, hundreds of people long. I received my visa by 5 that afternoon!


Scenes from my balcony, Chaophraya River.

No comments: