Sunday, April 26, 2015

HpaAn... I gotta get outta this place

 This picture makes it look so much better than it was! I burst out in tears when I walked into this hole!
 This was a huge hole in the wall, with a small board shoved in to close it up. Which it did not do. There was always a huge gap and the board kept falling out all night. I was convinced rats were gonna come streaming in. Cockroaches. Possibly snakes. Luckily, nothing came in, but believe me, I kept a sharp vigil all night!
 Arrived to find every room in every hotel in town was booked, except for this gem in the hostal! I avoid hostals like the plague, mostly because I do not want to GET the plague. Or bed bugs. Or lice. Or have rats crawl into my room at night. Or share a moldy dirty toilet with 20 other people on the 5th floor of a rickety old building that feels like it could tumble down at any moment. I was scared, disgusted and all alone in this nightmare room! It was so late in the day that I could no longer get transportation out of town and was trapped into staying here for the night! After dropping off my backpack in my room and noticing that neither the single nappy blanket laying across the bed, nor the funky matching velour pillow had been changed since the last guest, and most likely hadn't been washed in quite sometime, I quickly realized I would not be doing any actual sleeping that night. I went to buy a bus ticket for the first bus out in the morning. 5 AM was as good as I could do. For the record, I sat, fully clothed, crossed legged on the bed in a state of cat-like readiness all night long.
The stunning view from my 5th floor window.
Strikes 2 and 3, HpaAn!! I'm OUT!

No comments: