Monday, June 17, 2013

Termas de Papallacta~Hot Springs Resort ~ Andes mountains, Ecuador 2/12

Our first international adventure together was to Ecuador in 1999. On that trip we visited Papallacta Thermal Baths twice! It has lived on, etched in my mind, as a sort of paradise on Earth for me. Realizing that we would be in Ecuador for my birthday this year, we decided to spend a few days up at the Springs. We were lucky enough to find a room at the resort itself on the actual night of my birthday! Here you get access to the lovely public pools, as well as your own private hot pool directly in front of your room! Best Birthday Ever!!!!!! And, YES... the place truly was a paradise, as grand in reality as it had been in my dreams!
Our private pool just in front of our room.

Fish in the main pool within the Hot Springs public pools.

Our porch.

Making the most out of our own private hot pool! Through rain or sun, these waters, and the incredible lush volcanic valley they burble up in, will make you feel so good! Soaking in these pools produces a state of relaxation and peacefulness I haven't felt any place else before!

No comments: